Guwahati – Kaziranga National Park – Shillong – Nohkalikai Falls – Cheerapunjee – Dawki – Mawlynnong – Guwahati
Single Supplement* NZ $990 NZ $1990
- Guided visit to Kaziranga National Park
- Visit the Borapani Lake (Shillong)
- Visit the Seven Sisters Falls (Cherapunjee)
- Visit to MAWLYNNONG, The cleanest village in Asia
- River Dawki Boat Ride
- Guided Tea Garden Tour
- Living Root Bridge – Meghalaya’s double-decker and single-decker root bridges
Day 1 – Guwahati: You will be welcomed at Guwahati airport by one of our representatives, and transferred to your Hotel in your personal chauffeured vehicle. Relax for the night and get rid of Jet lag if you have been traveling internationally or explore local restaurants or bazaar at your own pace. Your vehicle is at your service.
Day 2 – Kaziranga: We’ll have a late start today at around 11 and you’ll be travelling to Kaziranga National Park which is around 4-5 hours drive by road. Stay at your luxury resort.
Drive to Kaziranga National park
Day 3 – Kaziranga: Choose to go for morning or evening Jeep safari to spot the single horned Indian rhino, one of its kinds. Head back to your hotel after the Jeep Safari.
- Kaziranga Jeep Safari
Day 4 – Shillong: Travel to Shillong after breakfast, Stopover at Umiam Lake view point. Check in your hotel and explore the locality of Shillong.
- Travel to Shillong (4-5 Hours Road Travel)
- Umiam Lake
Day 5 – Cheerapunji: Travel to Cheerapunji this morning. Stop to visit Elephant fall and Nohkalikai falls. Nohkalikai Falls is the tallest plunge waterfall in India. Its height is 1115 feet (340 metres). The waterfall is located near Cherrapunji, one of the wettest places on Earth. Nohkalikai Falls are fed by the rainwater collected on the summit of comparatively small plateau and decrease in power during the dry season in December – February. Below the falls there has formed a plunge pool with unusual green coloured water.
- Cheerapunji – The wettest place on earth.
- Nohkalikai Falls
- Elephant Falls
- Your stay at the beautiful resort.
Day 6 – Dawki/Mawlynnong: Post breakfast, start your day by visiting Dawki lake & Living Root Bridge. Meghalaya’s double-decker and single-decker root bridges are unique in the world and are a sight to behold. The bridges are tangles of massive thick roots, which have been intermingled to form a bridge that can hold several people at a time. Khasi people have been trained to grow these bridges across the raised banks of streams to form a solid bridge, made from roots. The living bridges are made from the roots of the Ficus elastica tree, which produces a series of secondary roots that are perched atop huge boulders along the streams or the riverbanks to form bridges. The root bridges, some of which are over a hundred feet long, take ten to fifteen years to become fully functional, but they’re extraordinarily strong – strong enough that some of them can support the weight of fifty or more people at a time. The bridges are alive and still growing and gain strength over time.
- Dawki Lake
- Living root bridges of Meghalaya
- Mawlynnong – Asia’s most beautiful village.
Day 7 – Guwahati: Head back to Guwahati and stay at the hotel near to the Guwahati airport for next day departure.
Day 8 – Departure: Depart from Guwahati to your next destination.
- Flights to & from Guwahati
- All Hotels
- All breakfasts
- 2 – 3 Complimentary meals
- Chauffeured air-conditioned luxury vehicle
- Fully escorted tour
- All Monuments entry & camera tickets
- Monuments guides
- Tour leader
- Sightseeing & Bazaar Walks
- All activities stated in the itinerary
- Airport & hotel transfers
- Supply of Packaged drinking water and soft drinks on-board.
- Welcome gifts
- All applicable taxes including GST
- Personal expenses like Shopping etc.
- Travel Insurance
- Meals except stated in itinerary
Best Time to Visit
Kaziranga Park remain closed from 01 May till 31 Oct every year for the visitors. Therefore November to April is the best time to visit Kaziranga National Park.
Summer (April to May): During this time of the year, the climate remains dry and windy; one can find animals around the water bodies.
Monsoon (June to September): From June till September, the region receives heavy rain, approximately 2,220 millimeters (87 in); thus the climate remains hot and humid. The park remains closed from May to October due to warnings of Brahmaputra river floods.
Winter (November to February): Perhaps the best time to visit the Kaziranga National Park as the climate is mild and dry. Chances of spotting rhinos are more in winter as the grass burn off and the background becomes clearer.
To promote wildlife tourism in Assam, Kaziranga Park authorities organizes a jeep and elephant safari tour.
- Morning Jeep Safari: 8:00 AM to 10:00 AM
- Afternoon Jeep Safari: 02:00 PM to 04:00 PM
*Elephant Safari Timing
- Morning- 05:30 / 06:30
- Morning- 06:30 / 07:30
- Please provide copy of front page of passport of all travelers at the time of booking. Please make sure your passport has minimum 6 months of validity at the time of your arrival in India.
- Please fill out Visa Form given on our website to provide all the relevant information to apply visa.
- All the travel would be done by road in your air-conditioned personal chauffeured vehicle except your flights to and from Guwahati.
- All the activities are part of your package price.
- You will be welcomed at every airport by one of our representatives and all transfers to your hotels are included.
- Peak season charges, New Year and/or Christmas night gala dinner and additional supplement charges may apply to your tour booked for the months of December & January only. We’ll inform you about this in advance if such cost occurs.
- Please let us know in advance if you would like to add up another destination on your visit to India like Rajasthan or Kolkata.
Payment Procedures: A deposit amount of 30% is required to confirm the booking and to receive your confirmed flight tickets. Rest can be paid 6 weeks prior to your arrival dates.
Payments or deposits can be made online on our website via PayPal (3.4% Charge applicable)
OR directly to the following bank account (No surcharge)
ANZ Bank Account Details:
- Payable At : Kiwi N Tiger New Zealand
- A/C Number : 06 0829 098780400
- Swift Code : ANZ BNZ 22
- Bank : ANZ
Please read our Terms & Conditions for more info.