NEW ZEALAND – KOCHI – MARARI BEACH – ALLEPEY – PERIYAR – MUNNAR – MADURAI – NEW ZEALAND
Single Supplement* NZ $1990 NZ $2990
- House boat stay for a night
- Kochi City Tour
- Tea & spice plantations tour at Periyar
- Periyar Lake Boat-Ride
- Homestay at Munnar
- Guided tour of Meenakshi Temple
- Spend a day with Elephants
- Fort Kochi
- Kathakali performance in Kochi
- Kerala Backwaters
- Tea and spice plantations tour
- Hills of Munnar
- Your stay ay Marari Beach Resort
- Periyar National Park
- Kodnad Elephant Rescue Center
- Munnar/Allepey homestay
- Fort Kochi
- Meenakshi Temple Madurai
- No extra charge applicable for a private tour with same itinerary.
- Return flight includes economy class seat.
- You’ll be advised about your international flight options to choose between the airlines, at the time of your booking.
- All the given travel dates come with guaranteed departure. Minimum group size is 2 & Maximum is 8.
- Please provide copy of front page of passport of all travelers at the time of booking. Please make sure your passport has minimum 6 months of validity at the time of your arrival in India.
- Please fill out Visa Form given on our website to provide all the relevant information to apply visa.
- All the travel would be done by road in your air-conditioned personal chauffeured vehicle except your flight back to Kochi/Mumbai.
- All the activities are part of your package price.
- You will be welcomed at every airport by one of our representatives and all transfers to your hotels are included.
- Please let us know in advance if you would like to add up another destination on your visit to India like Goa, Varanasi or Tiger Safari.
Payment Procedures: A deposit amount of 30% is required to confirm the booking and to receive your confirmed flight tickets. Rest can be paid 6 weeks prior to your arrival dates.
Payments or deposits can be made online on our website via PayPal (3.4% Charge applicable)
OR directly to the following bank account (No surcharge)
ANZ Bank Account Details:
- Payable At : Kiwi N Tiger New Zealand
- A/C Number : 06 0829 098780400
- Swift Code : ANZ BNZ 22
- Bank : ANZ
Please read our Terms & Conditions for more info.
Our hotels range from Heritage properties to modern 3-4-star hotels. All hotels come with air-conditioned rooms, superior locations, restaurants and free Wi-Fi. Most of the hotels would have swimming pools. You are also welcome to upgrade your hotels at extra applicable costs.
Kochi – Trident Cochin
Marari – La Plage Marari/Abad Turtle Beach
Allepey – 3 Star Houseboat Stay
Periyar – Cinnamon
Munnar – Munnar Tea Country Resort
Madurai – Heritage Madurai
Kochi –Taj Malabar Resort & Spa
Marari – Marari Beach Resort CGH Earth
Allepey – 5 Star House Boat Stay
Periyar – Kofiland Resort
Munnar – Chandys Windy Woods
Madurai – The Gateway Hotel
Please Note – Given hotels are subject to availability. In case of unavailability similar hotel would be provided.
- Return flight from New Zealand to Kochi (Economy class)
- Visa Fees
- All Hotels
- All breakfasts
- 2 – 3 Complimentary meals
- Chauffeured air-conditioned luxury vehicle
- Domestic flight to Kochi/Mumbai
- Fully escorted tour
- All Monuments entry & camera tickets
- Monuments guides
- Tour leader
- Sightseeing & Bazaar Walks
- All activities stated in the itinerary
- Airport & hotel transfers
- Supply of Packaged drinking water and soft drinks on-board.
- Welcome gifts
- All applicable taxes including GST
- Personal expenses like Shopping etc.
- Travel Insurance
- Meals except stated in itinerary
Hidden Costs: Please allow approx NZ $20 a day per person for lunch/dinner & drinks, & approx NZ $5 – $10 a day per person for tips or gratuities to Driver/Monument guides at your gratifications.
New Zealand – Kochi – Kodnad – Marari Beach – Allepey – Periyar National Park – Munnar – Madurai – New Zealand
Day 1 – Fly from New Zealand: Fly from Auckland/Christchurch or Wellington airport.
Day 2 – Kochi: Welcome to India. You’ll be received at Kochi airport by one of our representatives and transferred to your Hotel. Stay close to fort Kochi in your luxury hotel like ‘Old Harbour Hotel’ or ‘Taj Malabar Resort & Spa’. Relax for the night and get rid of Jet lag.
Welcome at Kochi airport and transfer to your hotel.
Day 3 – Kochi: After breakfast, take a guided visit of all famous attractions of Fort Kochi in your Chauffeured vehicle. Your first stop will take you inside Paradesi Synagogue, the oldest Jewish synagogue in India. Built in 1568, the place of worship is decorated with Chinese porcelain tiles and Belgian chandeliers. (closed on Fridays and Saturdays.) Next up is a visit to St. Francis Church, the first European church of India. After a look around, continue to the Mattancherry Palace (closed on Fridays). Visit spice markets of Mattancherry. Pack an extra bag for the inevitable shopping. After lunch your tour proceeds to the Chinese fishing nets set up on teak wood and bamboo poles; these fishing nets have their origin from China. Save the evening for the Kathakali performance before dinner.
- Vibrant city of Kochi
- Chinese net
- Kathakali Performance
Day 4,5 – Marari Beach: Proceed to Marari Beach in same vehicle for your stay in a luxury resort near fisher man villages, like ‘Marari Beach Resort’. Stay for the night in this resort and enjoy the luxury of private beach of the resort or Kerala Ayurvedic Massage for the evening.
- KodnadElephant Training & Rescue Center
- Marari Beach Resort
Day 6 – Allepey: Home to a vast network of waterways and more than a thousand houseboats, Allepey is one of Kerala’s most mesmerizingly beautiful and relaxing experiences. Don’t forget to stop and try local delicacies on your way to Allepey. Float along and gaze over paddy fields of succulent green, curvaceous rice barges and village life along the banks in your houseboat. Stay in your hotel like houseboat for overnight.
- Overnight House boat stay.
Day 7,8 – Periyar National Park: Regarded among the top national parks of India, Periyar National Park covers an area of 925 sq. km. This enormous area acts as a habitat to many endangered and endemic species of flora, mammals, reptiles, fishes, amphibians, and birds. It is in the Cardamom Hill range that encompasses rivers like Periyar and different regions that are home to different kinds of species. Please select the activities that interest you most as there is a lot to choose from. Call ‘Elephant Court Thekkady’ your home, for the night.
- Clouds Walk – It is a 3 to 4-hour guided walk taking participants to vantage points of the park. Right from the vantage point one can enjoy a 360-degree view of the grasslands.
- PeriyarLake Boat-Ride: A famous landmark of the national park, this lake is spread across an area of 26 sq. km. and is among the most charming lakes of Kerala. It was formed post the construction of Mullaperiyar Dam, and is a perfect place to spot various wildlife species that come here to quench their thirst.
- Abraham’s Spice Garden– Even though the whole Periyar National Park is carpeted with greenery, a tour through the Abraham’s Spice Garden is unmissable. It is hosted by knowledgeable guides, who tell you about the uses of different plants.
- Connemara Tea Factory– Tea-lovers cannot have enough of this place. The building was built back in 1940s and the tour educates about the history of tea plantation and other medicinal uses of the leaves.
- Bamboo Rafting – Rafting and hiking programme takes one through some of the most verdant areas of PeriyarTiger Reserve. The tour is guided by two professional guides and panoramic views on the way are a visual treat.
- Elephant ride: Ride through the jungles of Periyarat the back of the Elephant.
Day 9 – Munnar: Post breakfast, proceed to Munnar on a scenic drive in the same vehicle. Green is the colour that swathes the lush mountain slopes of Munnar, the crisp air, clement weather and relaxed grain are all perfectly engineered to work up a restful experience in this scenic hill town. Order a steaming cup of tea from a nearby plantation to go with the breath-taking views.
- Scenic drive to Munnar
- Your stay at a luxury resort in Munnar.
Day 10 – Munnar: Welcome to the Tea city of India. After breakfast at the hotel, you will start exploring Munnar by visiting the Eravikulam National Park, which is a famous habitat of the rare mountain goats called the Nilgiri Tahr. You will also explore Mattupetty Dam and Echo Point with its lustrous green tea garden. Follow the tea picker’s tail and take a guided visit to the Tea museum. After your day excursion, you will return to the hotel to enjoy dinner and overnight rest.
- Tea Hills of Munnar
- Tea Museum
Day 11 – Madurai: Madurai, this 2500 old city captures many of India’s glaring dichotomies: a centre dominated by a medieval temple and an economy increasingly driven by IT, all overlaid with the hustle, energy and excitement of a big Indian city and slotted into a much more manageable package than Chennai’s sprawl.
- Ancient ‘Madurai city.’
- Your stay at a Heritage hotel in Madurai.
Day 12 – Madurai: Visit to the colourful abode of the warrior goddess Meenakshi (‘fish-eyed’ – an epithet for perfect eyes in classical Tamil poetry) is generally considered to be the peak of South Indian temple architecture, as vital to this region’s aesthetic heritage as the Taj Mahal to North India. A 6-hectare complex with 12 tall gopurams, encrusted with a staggering array of gods, goddesses, demons and heroes (1511 on the 55m-high south gopuram alone).
- Guided visit to 6thcentury Meenakshi Temple.
Day 13 – Departure: You’ll be driven to your departure terminal in Madurai from your hotel after Breakfast according to your domestic flight timings to Kochi/Mumbai. The Domestic flight timings will be scheduled according to your International Flights. If not, your stay will be provided right next to the airport.
Day 14– New Zealand: Such a wonderful time in India but nothing is like home. Welcome back to New Zealand and end of your tour. Thank You!